WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE
A winning marketing tool!
The wines scoring 90/100 or over at the tasting will consequently have their score published in the international wine guide 5StarWines-the Book. These wines will benefit by receiving ongoing promotional support provided by Vinitaly International on both a national and international scale.
- Marketing opportunities: Vinitaly International will provide selected wineries with promotional support – nationally and internationally – through collaborations, events, B2B, grand tasting, showcases, social and educational media, buyers and wine lovers.
- The chance to be part of the Vinitaly Directory and of the Vinitaly App, a special App that will allow the most important buyers to locate all the companies with at least one wine in the 5StarWines – the Book guide during Vinitaly 2021.
- Publication in the 5StarWines – The Book guide. The Guide lends authority to the selected wineries through the evaluation of experts, who will give feedbacks to every single participating bottle, and a tasting note for wines with a score of at least 90/100.
- Integration onto the Wine-Searcher search engine along with your respective 5StarWines rating.
- Digital Shelf Talker bearing the score and the tasting note by the judges.
- Awarding of diplomas and Trophies, along with a Grand tasting for buyers and press only.
- Interviews with producers about the selected wines and specific topics, real “testimonials” that will be published on Vinitaly and Vinitaly International’s social media channels.
Wines participating at the 5StarWines and WineWithoutWalls will be evaluated by a jury during a three-day blind tasting. Before getting the overall score, wines will be evaluated on their visual, olfactory and gustative aspects. Every aspect gets a partial score that will make up the overall score. The wines scoring 85/100 or more will get tasted twice from the Scientific Committee and the General Chairman, and will then receive an overall score.
At the end of the three days, the wines that have been evaluated at or above the minimum score of 90/100 will be selected and published in the international guide 5StarWines – the Book, publishing will be in both paper and digital format accompanied by a description card.
All the wines sent to 5StarWines will receive feedback on the panel’s assessment of their product via private notice.
Aside from the selected wines destined to end up on the guide, the jury will also award a number of special trophies. The selected wines will be mentioned on the guide and receive official recognition.
The 5StarWines are:
- WINERY OF THE YEAR – GRAN VINITALY
THE PRODUCER WHO OBTAINS THE BEST RESULT, REFERRING TO THE SUM OF THE SCORES FROM OF HIS BEST 3 WINES THAT HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR THE GUIDE, IN AT LEAST 2 DIFFERENT CATEGORIES
- BEST ITALIAN WINE – BANCO BPM
THE ITALIAN WINE, SELECTED FOR THE GUIDE, THAT GETS THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST SCORE
- BEST WINES – BEST WHITE WINE
THE WINE THAT GETS THE ABSOLUTE BEST SCORE WITHIN THE “WHITE WINES” CATEGORY
- BEST WINES – BEST ROSÉ WINE
THE WINE THAT GETS THE ABSOLUTE BEST SCORE WITHIN THE “ROSÉ WINES” CATEGORY
- BEST WINES – BEST RED WINE
THE WINE THAT GETS THE ABSOLUTE BEST SCORE WITHIN THE “RED WINES” CATEGORY
- BEST WINES – BEST SWEET WINE
THE WINE THAT GETS THE ABSOLUTE BEST SCORE WITHIN THE “SWEET WINES” CATEGORY
- BEST WINES – BEST SPARKLING WINE
THE WINE THAT GETS THE ABSOLUTE BEST SCORE WITHIN THE “SPARKLING WINES” CATEGORY
THE 5STARWINES DIPLOMA
All the wineries whose wines receive a score equal to or greater than 90/100 will receive an official diploma, in printed and digital form.
THE 5STARWINES CERTIFICATE
All the wineries whose wines receive a score between 85 and 89/100 will receive a certificate of participation in the Selection, in digital form.
THE VINITALY APP
All the wineries, participating in Vinitaly 2021, that manage to get at least one label on the 5StarWines-the Book guide, can be located via the Vinitaly App, which will be used by the most important international buyers coming to the fair.