The judges of the “Agile edition” of 5StarWines – the Book 2021 are an integral part of the digital transformation of the Selection, formulated in such a way as to preserve and guarantee
- The different geographical origins and heterogeneity of the professional profiles involved
- The blind tasting method
- The objectivity of the event
All wines participating in 5StarWines – the Book will be tasted by a jury of highly qualified international experts, selected from Master of Wine, Master of Sommelier, WSET graduates, VIA Experts and Ambassadors, oenologists and journalists.
The different geographical origins, the variety of professional profiles of the judges and the blind tasting process guarantee objectivity to the selection.
- Sending anonymised bottles to a panel of international judges.
- The selected judges, who have access to the WebApp used, evaluate the assigned wines following the standard tasting rules laid down in the regulations.
- Each judge refers to a handbook explaining how to evaluate the wines in an “anonymous” version and instructions for using the application.
- Interaction, via streaming, with the General Chairman and the other judges involved in the tasting in Verona.
- In order to guarantee adherence to the rules governing the Selection and the objectivity of the same, each judge must strictly adhere to the aforementioned handbook.
- The final judgement expressed by the General Chairman regarding the suitability or otherwise of a wine to receive a score of 90 or more shall remain unchanged.