1. What are the dates of the tasting?
The blind tasting of the wines entered in the Selection will be held from April 1 to 3, 2022.
2. Who are the judges of 5StarWines - the Book?
The judges are high-profile professionals selected by the Scientific Committee, with heterogeneous backgrounds, curricula and geographical origins, including Masters of Wine, Italian Wine Ambassadors and Experts, Sommeliers with proven international experience, oenologists, journalists and writers who are experts in the sector.
The judges are divided into Panels, based on their specialization in specific grape varieties or geographical areas.
During the tasting, the judges assign their judgement to each wine tasted through an evaluation WebApp.
The score, expressed in hundredths, is awarded according to the following three parameters:
- Sight: up to 20 points
- Smell: up to 40 points
- Taste: up to 40 points
3. How does the wine tasting take place?
Once delivered to the warehouse, the samples are first checked and anonymized, then divided by category, type, vintage, residual sugar and grape variety. These activities are carried out under the coordination of the Scientific Director and the Assoenologi team.
During the event, each panel conducts two tasting sessions per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Each session consists of several sets of wines and these are assigned according to the specific knowledge of the Panel.
4. What are the benefits awarded to winners?
Find out all the benefits in the “Why Participate?“section of this website.
5. How do I enter my wines in 5StarWines - the Book 2022?
The registration portal can be accessed by clicking here. If you are a new user, you will need to proceed with the registration of your profile, otherwise, log in with the address and password used in the previous edition (you can recover your password if lost).
We recommend that you review the registration guide before you begin.
6. What are the registration costs for 5StarWines - the Book 2022?
7. Are there any discounted rates provided for participation in 5StarWines - the Book 2022?
Dedicated rates are available for companies exhibiting at Vinitaly 2022, participating in 5StarWines & Wine Without Walls 2020/2021, European and non-European wineries.
8. However, all companies are given an early-bird discount on the total:
– 15%, valid until 17 January 2022
– 10%, valid until 14 February 2022
9. How do I get the invoice for my membership?
For Italian companies, the invoice, valid for tax purposes, will be issued in electronic format and sent through SDI. It will be available on the Italian Revenue Agency website under “Invoices and Considerations”.
For EU and non-EU companies, the invoice will be issued to the company name and sent to the administrative address indicated during registration.
If the EU or non-EU company does not provide the TIN or a valid VAT number during registration, the invoice will be issued with the application of VAT at 22%.
For further accounting inquiries, please contact [email protected]
10. How do I organize the shipment of the samples registered for 5StarWines - the Book 2022?
For each wine entered, it will be necessary to send:
– 6 (six) bottles with a capacity of 0.750 litres
– 6 (six) bottles with a capacity of 0.500 litres for natural sweet wines and liqueur wines only
– 12 (twelve) bottles of the capacities allowed by the production regulations for capacities of less than 0.500 litres
All samples must have a standard label and band (where applicable) and must be combined in a single package on which to apply the QR-code. The downloadable order summary must also be sent and will be downloadable from your private area. The order summary email will be sent only once the payment of the registration has been completed.
2) A hard copy of the summary generated at the end of the payment process and received by email.
3) A label and a back label identical to those of the wine presented. Only with the consent of the Organizer, if not available at the time of shipment, it is possible to send the final labels in digital format.
4) For the shipment, a transport document is necessary and sufficient, on which must be clearly indicated: “NON-COMMERCIAL SAMPLE sent for 5StarWines – the Book” – Via Bussolengo 8/C – Sommacampagna (VR), 37066, Italy. The same description must be put on the wine carton/s.
Shipping costs, customs clearance, and subsequent transport to the final destination – are the full responsibility of the participating companies.
11. Where do I send samples entered for 5StarWines - the Book 2022?
Samples can be shipped via a Shipping Courier of your choice.
Shipping address for Italian and EU companies
“Gruppo Volta S.r.l.”
Via Bussolengo 8/C, Sommacampagna (VR), 37066, Italy
Hours: 9:30 – 12:30 / 14:30 – 18:00
Shipping address for non-EU companies
K+N – Lunardi Trasporti
Strada Festara, 54
37012 Bussolengo Verona (Italy)
12. By when should I send my wine samples?
Samples will be received from January 31, 2022 until March 14, 2022, which is the deadline for delivery.
Samples that do not conform to the required rules, arrive late or are delivered to the incorrect destination will not be accepted; in these cases, the Company will not be entitled to a refund of the registration fee.